Sometimes that blank is filled with "forehands," sometimes "throwing far" or "throwing straight."
But if what you want to know is "What are the best discs for winning?", we've got your answer: Discs from the Team Trilogy lineup.
THERE ARE NO ITEMS IN YOUR SHOPPING CART.
In 2022, athletes throwing Team Trilogy discs (Dynamic Discs, Latitude 64, and Westside Discs) won more top-tier events on the Disc Golf Pro Tour (DGPT) than players tossing any other manufacturer's plastic.
The DGPT's highest-level tournaments are its Elite events, and there were 15 of them last season. Team Trilogy had a whopping 40% victory rate at DGPT Elite events in 2022, earning 12 of a possible 30 victories in the MPO and FPO divisions.
No other disc manufacturer crested a 25% win rate across MPO and FPO at DGPT Elite events last season.
We couldn't be more excited about how disc golfers in the Dynamic Discs family contributed to Team Trilogy's amazing year, and we wanted to take some time at the beginning of this offseason to recognize the most remarkable accomplishments of our top pro team members.
After joining team Dynamic Discs last offseason, 2022 saw Ricky Wysocki establish himself as the world's best disc golfer – and that's not just our opinion. Despite using very different math, UDisc's Disc Golf World Rankings, the PDGA's U.S. Tour Rankings, and StatMando rankings currently all have Wysocki in the top spot.
In fact, Ricky was so good in his first year with Dynamic that UDisc used him as its gold standard to assess the best round and tournament performances of 2022.
If you need more evidence of Sockibomb's dominance last season, just take a look at his results:
Ricky's five wins at DGPT Elite events were the most of any MPO competitor in 2022, and when he didn't get the W, he was almost always in contention. As you can see in the table above, he finished outside the top 10 at Elite events just three times. This consistently outstanding play earned him the title of DGPT Points Champion for 2022.
Though it was a season filled with highlights, we can't talk about Ricky's 2022 without bringing up his spectacular win at its last big event: the knockout-style Disc Golf Pro Tour Championship.
On the last hole of the tournament, he had to birdie an uphill, 875-foot par 4 to force a playoff. It was a hole that only two players had birdied in 46 tries over the course of the tournament (a 4% birdie rate).
After smashing a drive to an ideal location, Ricky needed to rip a forehand over 400 feet to get in putting range, and here's what happened:
After landing in the circle, he cashed in the putt to force a playoff…which he won by birdieing the same ridiculously hard hole with virtually the same ridiculously wonderful throws.
And it makes us proud that we provided him with the ridiculously great discs he used to do it. Check out what Ricky Wysocki was throwing throughout the season in his 2022 In the Bag video.
In just her second full season on the pro circuit, former Junior World Champion Valerie Mandujano notched three primetime victories at DGPT Elite and Silver events (two Elite wins at WACO and Portland, one Silver at the Beaver State Fling). These were her first Pro Tour wins and 2022 was her first year with Dynamic Discs.
Coincidence? We don't think so.
She also finished in the top 10 at all three Majors she played. That includes a second place finish at the U.S. Women's Disc Golf Championship, where she ended up just one stroke behind the winner.
Along with great showings at disc golf's premier competitions, Valerie distinguished herself on the putting green. In 2022, she ranked #2 in FPO putting percentage within C1 and #5 from C2.It seems like her preferred Classic Burst Judge is really laying down the law out there.
Along with Ricky and Valerie's big time wins, Dynamic Discs' pro team produced plenty more great showings at the biggest competitions in disc golf in 2022. Here's a brief breakdown of the highlights:
- Seven top 10 finishes at DGPT Elite and Playoff events
- 3rd at 2022 Pro Disc Golf World Championships
- 3rd in birdie and fairway hit rates on UDisc Live
- 1st place in FPO in the Prodigy Disc Pro Tour (PDPT). The PDPT is Finland's most prestigious tour series.
- Three wins and a top 10 finish at the four PDPT events she played
- 1st place in FPO in the European Pro Tour (EPT)
- Two wins and a second place showing at the three EPT events she played
- Top 10 at the Des Moines Challenge, the only DGPT event she played
- Top 10 at the European Open, a Major
Kona Star Panis
- Two top 10 showing at Majors, the Champions Cup and European Open
- Six top 10 finishes at DGPT Elite and Playoff events
- Win at the DGPT Silver event, the Lake Marshall Open
- Currently the world's best lefty disc golfer according to rankings from UDisc, the PDGA (just U.S.), StatMando, and Ultiworld Disc Golf
- Tied 3rd place at the Pro Disc Golf World Championships
- Three top 10 showings at DGPT Elite events
- Three top 10 showings at DGPT Silver events
- Top 10 in C1X putting percentage in MPO for 2022
- MPO Champion of the PDPT, Finland's premier pro disc golf tour
- Five top 10 showings out of five PDPT events, including a win at Kuopio
- 6th place at the European Open, a Major
It was an amazing year for Dynamic Discs and Trilogy team members at the world's highest levels of disc golf competition. We love that we get to produce products the planet's best disc golf athletes can rely on to produce their best results.
But, like our amazing pro team members, we're never happy to rest on our laurels, and we plan to keep innovating and finding ways to get better because, well, that's what it takes to be dynamic. Keep an eye out for updates from us throughout this offseason and beyond.